I had to post this horrendous pic. of Bethany and I because Brayden took it and he was so proud. I don't think the angle could get much worse.
After a B-day party on Saturday we headed downtown for "kids day." Brayden informed me the day before that, "Clifford is coming to waterfront park on August 14th and we can meet him. When is August 14th?" This was the first I had heard about it, but apparently PBS ingrained it into the kids' heads between shows, because my nephew knew all about it too! (Kind of sad, I know), but B was so thrilled, we def. had to check it out!
Smokey the bear was there too! I know, so old school, my kids didn't even know who he was.
Clifford, Brayden and Ellie. Danielle was too scared to even go near him. We stood in line in 90+ degree weather for over 20 minutes for this shot, isn't it lovely!?!
After visiting Clifford and all the other chaos we headed to Medical Lake to see if I could sign up last minute for the WunderWoman Triathlon. They sold me a spot after packet pick-up! At 3:00 Saturday I was officially registered for the race Sunday morning at 8. Never mind the fact that I took a week off of training when I was in the 'Couve and I only swam twice in the last 3 weeks! I was pumped and ready to do another one! It is kind of addicting, I really love it!
This is the one and only shot Kent got of me during the race. This course was really spread out and you couldn't really see the athletes very much. I got to the race at 6:15 a.m. all by myself, something I can't say very often (all by myself). Kent was so supportive and brought the kids with his mom, and didn't get to the course until after I was done with the swim, because of the shuttle delay......which ended up being a good thing, because the swim was rough for me again! I did do a better job of staying on course, but I panicked a little at the beginning and had a hard time breathing until I could convince myself that I was fine. Part of the panicking was due to the fact that 100+ women started in my wave and we all ran off of the beach at the same time so there was a lot of kicking and trampling going on. Next time I am going to for sure stay in the back of the pack and take my time.....but I made it!
This is me after the race, thrilled that it was over! The course was beautiful, but harder than the last one because there were lots of hills and NO mile markers. I had no idea how far into it I was and that really helps me to keep motivated. There were a few times during the bike that I thought I was close, so I kicked it up a few notches to find out it was just another bend in the road. My legs were shot by the end of this one!
'Couve girls.....which one do you think you prefer? Race the River is Co-ed in Coeur d' Alene the last weekend of July: 1/2 mile swim, 11 mile bike, 3 mile run
Wunderwoman: Middle of August: 1/4 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 3 mile run. The swim is in a lake and it was warm, that was the nice part....I am kind of leaning toward this one, it is a shorter swim and more laid back overall. Let me know what you think, we will have to sign up soon! :)



3 comments:
OMG! 2 races already! Nicely done. I've been thinking about the race next year and I'm nervous already. I need to get moving!!
No mile markers? I totally need the to take things one mile at a time, so no mile markers would kill me!
I don't know enough about the two races to have a preference and I don't have anything on the calendar that limits which one I can go to so I'll let others vote.
Yay for you! I found some tri training schedules and was going to send them to the girls.
I'd be up for either, never been to Cour de lane (horrible spelling) so that sounds enticing.
Thanks for including me in the blog. ;-) The picture doesn't really flatter us, but is still funny. Thanks again for letting me visit.
Post a Comment