Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Fun!

Errr, I finished my post and I accidentally deleted these top two pics. They're supposed to be at the bottom. I wish I was savvy and knew how to fix these mistakes!


This is a long one... I haven't uploaded pics. in a while and I had a hard time choosing just a few. :) This pic. was the other morning and they all decided to snuggle together on the floor.


It really was quite cute, I wish I could have gotten a pic. where they were all looking, but no such luck.




I told B that Valentine's day is Auntie Sandy's favorite holiday and he wanted to make her a Valentine right then and there! It is an extra special BIG one too! I hope you got it on time Auntie Sandy, it took me a while to find a big enough envelope and then go to the post office. He drew a sweet pic. of our family and he made sure Ellie was the smallest, because Dani is taller now. "Ellie is the smallest and Daddy is the biggest."



This was too funny, he wasn't quite sure what to do with dirty, sticky fingers.





This is my darling, adorable Dani-Claire-bear. This is so her, it makes me laugh. She will be happy go lucky one second, and then temper tantrum the next. She refused to put her jammies on, which was fine, so she hung out naked for a while and insisted on wearing her sassy black shoes, which she loves. I have no idea what she's screaming about. :)






Friday night we took the kids to Raptor Reef in Hayden, ID. It's a cool indoor water park with three big water slides, a wave pool, hot tub and nice kid area. Kent, Brayden and I have been before but this was the first time we ventured out there with the girls. They absolutely LOVED it! B was so cute, on the way out there he said, "Mom if you and Daddy want to go on the big slides I can watch my sisters so you can have fun with Daddy." So sweet, of course we didn't do that. :) But we were able to take turns and take B up on the slides. I think I went with him at least 20 times, it was quite a workout hiking up the stairs. Apparently it was for him too, because when we left he said, "I am so tired and hungry." He never admits that he's tired and he fell asleep on the way home in the car, which he hasn't done in years!




The girls loved it, they all had purple/blue lips because the water was kind of cold, but they insisted on playing and going down the kids slides. I wish I had pics. they were so cute in their swimsuits and bikinis!




The bath pics. are special because lately we have been giving them showers. It is so much easier to rotate them through that way, than filling the bath and cleaning up all of the spillage!



They all LOVE the bath but Dani seemed especially thrilled!





After bath time Dad helped Brayden make a tent in his room where he could sleep. He lasted about 20 minutes, then moved up to his bed, "Where I could see my special snail blanket."







We usually make V-day cookies before V-day, but last week we ran out of time, so we made them on the actual day. This is a tradition that I always did with my mom and my kids seem to love it too! What a mess, but so fun for them, not so much for me anymore. :)

Kent was home this time around, which made it fun. I told the kids to pick out their cookie cutters. We have a box of a 100. E chose a blue star, B had a pink heart (very appropriate) and D had a green gingerbread man. Kent was not having that! He told them to give them to him and he passed out all the pink hearts, that were appropriate! I guess that was good since we were making V-day cookies!








2 comments:

Tami said...

I love the picture of Dani screaming PJ-less with her pretty black shoes on!!! SOOO funny! Good for you for keeping with your Valentine's tradition of cookies. I wasn't brave enough to do cookies again this soon after Xmas...SOO much work. You are a good Mommy for toughin' it out with 3 kids!!!

Papa said...

It's great to have such experienced pastry chef's in our family!!!
I'll be anxiously awaiting Christmas cookie time!!!
Christy...do you have my mailing address?